LAWYER KARA & HIS WIFE WERE SENTENCED IN THE PROVINCE OF ADANA
Adana 11th High Penal Court sentenced lawyer Ismail Kara who has been under arrest for 15 months to 12 years imprisonment. The court also sentenced his wife LK to 7,5 years imprisonment and decided to arrest her.
LAWYER FETI ÜN WAS SENTENCED TO 12 YEARS IN THE PROVINCE OF IZMIR
Lawyer Fethi Ün, 70, who has represented the Erdogan’s greatest enemy Fethullah Gulen for four years (1990-1994), was sentenced 12 years prison sentence with the charge to be the member of the armed terrorist organization.
There has been a relentless campaign of arrests which has targeted fellow lawyers across the country. In 77 of Turkey’s 81 provinces, lawyers have been detained and arrested on trumped-up charges as part of criminal investigations orchestrated by the political authorities and conducted by provincial public prosecutors. As of today, 562 lawyers have been arrested and 1438 lawyers are under prosecution, 67 lawyers were sentenced to long imprisonment. Some of the arrested lawyers were subjected torture and ill-treatment.
14 of detained or arrested lawyers are the presidents or former presidents of provincial bars associations.
- Konya 6th High Penal Court sentenced Fevzi Kayacan who is former president of Konya Bar Association and 19 other lawyer range to 1 and 11 years,
- Erzincan 2nd High Penal Court sentenced lawyers Cemalettin Ozer and Talip Nayir who are (respectively) former president of Erzincan Bar Association and former board member of association 8 years 9 month and 10 years,
- Erzurum 2nd High Penal Court sentenced Mehmet Güzel who is former president of Erzurum Bar Association and four other lawyer range to 1 and 13 years,
- Eskisehir 2nd High Penal Court sentenced 11 lawyers to range 4 to 12 years,
- Sivas 2nd High Penal Court sentenced nine lawyers to ranging from 3 to 9 years imprisonment,
- Adana 11th High Penal Court sentenced six lawyers to ranging from 3 to 9 years imprisonment,
- Kayseri 4th High Penal Court sentenced two lawyers 6 years 3 months prison sentence with the charge to be the member of the armed terrorist organization only for allegedly downloading the Bylock i-message app.
- In addition to those; Kocaeli, Niğde, Kırşehir, İzmir, High Penal Courts sentenced fellow Turkish lawyers to long imprisonments.
All persecuted lawyers are being charged with terror-linked offenses such as to be the member of the armed terrorist organisation or to run an armed terrorist organisation. Under the Turkish Penal Code, these two offences require 7,5 to 22,5 years imprisonment.
Categories: Unjust / Wrongful Convictions